Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Little Love for the Alma Mater ...

This one is long overdue - I haven't given any love to my Terriers in this space. After a regular season in which they played out of their minds, the Boston University Terriers are on a charge for another NCAA title. With wins in the semi-finals against the hated BC Eagles (3 goals in 44 seconds in the 3rd period!) and then against UMass Lowell in the Hockey East Championship BU earned the number one seed in the tournament.

Lots of Terrier slurping going on by the pundits (Melrose, and that former coach of UNH whose face terrifies me) and apparently it wasn't for nothing because BU woke up yesterday and decided to put on an 8-3 hockey clinic for the Ohio State Buckeyes in Manchester, NH.

The game was flat out embarrassing for Ohio State. Led by Hobey Baker candidates Colin Wilson and Matt Gilroy, the Terriers scored often and seemingly at will. I actually had to leave when it was 6-1, thinking that BU would get off the gas pedal, but I was wrong. Freshmen goalie phenom Kieran Millan was strong as usual, making big time saves when the game was still, well, a game. He now continues to have only lost twice in his college career. Twice.

Ohio State was devastated, to be sure. But I think they'll live. I heard they have a football program that is sort of popular. BU moves on the play UNH at 5:30PM today - here's hoping they serve up a similar beat down to the Wildcats.

REASON #271 I HATE ESPN: The second round game, BU vs. UNH, is on ... ESPNU. Which I don't get with Comcast. Eat a dick, ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment