Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Requiem for a Power Play

I am so close to throing things across the room right now. That second half of the game was as frustrating as I've watched all year. Anyone with me?

The Bruins' inept power play was the achillies heel again tonight. It could have opened up the lead in the second. It could have gotten them back in it in the third. It did neither. Credit an aggressive forecheck and high pressure from the Sharks.

Once again, as we have seen lately their effort and legs just were not there in the 3rd period. The Sharks got better, the Bruins got worse. But oh, how MUCH worse they got!

When looking for the proper words to describe the 3rd period I was reminded of Dr. Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park...


"Now that is one big pile of shit."


Thanks, Ian - that about sums up my feelings as well. They say 'You can't win them all' and I suppose that's right, but can we just maybe, possible, please, for the love of god not lose any like that again?

No comments:

Post a Comment